I’m a Chicago-based data scientist and developer at Sprout Social. (Psst! We're hiring).
Previously, I was the first data science hire at GrubHub, where I led the team focused on data research, A/B testing, and product analytics.
I've also spent time at Datascope, where I helped an NBA team with draft preparation and scouting, and PwC, where I focused on analytics related to fraud, investigations, and litigation.
Hiring Data Scientists
My Experience as a Freelance Data Scientist
[Talk] Data-Informed vs Data-Driven
Asynchronous Scraping with Python
Visualizing the 2015 NL Cy Young Race
11 Tech Leaders Share The Real Truth About Artificial Intelligence
Interview: Boost Data Literacy to Advance In Business
- Investor's Business Daily, February 2015
Which Fantasy Football Sites Have The Best Projections?
Interview: Are ESPN's Fantasy Football Projections Worthless?
- ChicagoInno, December 2014
How Accurate are ESPN's Fantasy Football Projections?
The week in big data on Twitter, visualized
- Data-Driven Chicago Meetup, November 2017 [Video]
Demystifying Data Science
- Metis, Chicago Grand Opening, October 2016 [Slides]
Why data-informed beats data-driven
Panel: Do you need context or is data enough?
- UNSTRUCTURED: Data Science Pop-up, Chicago, 2015 [Video]
- UNSTRUCTURED: Data Science Pop-up, Chicago, 2015 [Video] [Slides]
Translating SQL to pandas. And back.